Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Phew! Is this week over, yet?

Yesterday, the children woke with so much energy that I had to fore go any thought of structured teaching. We went outside and kicked the ball around. Aria read us a chapter in our Junie B book and the kids played a bit on some educational websites. That's why we do this, though, right? I can move with the ebb and flow of my children's energies. Teachers in school cannot.

Today, I took a bit of a personal day. I tried to encourage the kids to play on some educational websites again. They did for a short time, but they really just wanted to do their own thing today. That's just fine. I having been feeling like a little bit of do your own thing was inevitable.

My dear husband and I are planning on doing a major junk purge to clean out the house, garage, shed. I am going to have to prep for that and I need to look at what we're doing with school. I want to make sure we're enjoying each other's company and learning as well.

We have some new animal additions to the household. Three baby gerbils, but I'll be darned if I can't find the camera to take their pictures. Ronnie, also, carved some awesome pumpkins for the kiddos and I want to take a picture of those, too. Can someone, please, divine were the darn camera is?

No comments: