Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday, again

Well, we seem to be doing more in less time. I can't tell what's going on, exactly. It maybe that we are doing less wandering aimlessly between 'subjects' or the children are hurrying to get through the work so they can do their own thing. Casey seems to enjoying his learning time. Aria enjoys our reading time, I think.

I feel that I have to be careful the direction I take from this point forward. I'm seeing a little of the old 'I don't want to do this, it's stupid' attitude from my dear daughter. I may have her blog about it and see if she can't tell me what's going on.



We read "Eloise Takes a Bawth" today. Aria loves Eloise. Then Casey and I colored snowmen with letters on them. We cut them out and match the top hat with the lower case letter to the snowman with the cooresponding upper case letter. Aria colored some Halloween themed pages and she blogged for Casey.

We did our math worksheet. Casey forgot some of the facts from last week. I'm confused because the last two days he's gone right through them without any problem. Aria, too, has a few to memorize. I just need to go slowly. Maybe we should take a break from the worksheet and play some flashcard games.

Casey's Phrase of the day: "Say what, Mama with the big butt?" That's lovely, son. Thank you.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

LOL - children have a way with words don't they?

Amy Dingmann said...

Oh...that's NICE. Too bad you couldn't come back with something equally as lovely without being crowned as the world's meanest mama.

"I don't wanna do this, it's stupid..." oh, grr. Double grr. What exactly is the right way to handle that. Because I'm pretty sure no matter what you say, you're doomed. Let me know if you figure it out...