Thursday, October 9, 2008

Junk

We had a very abbreviated school day. I, unfortunately, found Oregon Trail online. Then, more unfortunately, I spent the better part of an hour getting two of my five people to Oregon. Then I rallied my troops here at home and we made our way to the kitchen table at a snail's pace.

I attempted a book called The Light Princess. Apparently, it was too dated for my modern children. I gave up and read Hanana Montana, which went over only slighty better.

Then we practice with our math worksheet, but this time I paid them ten cents for every memorized and correct answer. I did this because I wanted to pay them in dimes and then have them count by tens. Both the kids pretty much know how to count by tens. I just wanted to verify how well they really understood. Aria has this mastered. Casey was a little more hestitant after 100, but he grasped the pattern right away. I don't think he'll need much practice before he masters counting by tens. They both are proceeding well with the math facts. There is a little hesistation with the current facts that both kids are working on. They may need to practice the same next week, but they'll have by the end of next week.

We were going to do some free form writing after math, but the neighbor tempted us with toys. The neighbor is moving and she had her daughter's old barbies and a little house that has animal people in it. So, we've spent the last hour discovering what treasure we've brought home. (Like, we need any more junk around here.)

I got some good college level books from here though. Books about writing, computers, and a pre-algebra text. Oh, well, we'll just have find other things to get ride of around here.

2 comments:

Ruralmama said...

OOH, we have O.T. on our elderly Mac and it's so addictive.... we also have Number Munchers, which I'm sure you're jealous of---it's too much like being in 3rd grade for me around here!!! I love it and my "1st grader" is really good at Number Munchers. Heh heh, a little smugness there.

jbantau said...

I think your blog is what helped me to find O.T. I originally searched for Number Munchers after reading your blog entry and found O.T. as well. Thanks!