Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Spiders

We tried out Mary Poppins today for reading time. I don't think Mary Poppins will survive another sitting, but we gave it a try.

We made egg crate carton spiders. That was fun for everyone. Even Daddy made one. He was home from work today to help me, since my back is hurt. Connor was very sad that I put the paints away while he was playing. Apparently, he wasn't done.



We practiced our math facts worksheet. Aria is amazing me with her memorization. It looks like she is getting the hang of it now. We, then, played a game I found on this blog: http://homeschoolmath.blogspot.com/2006/06/10-out-math-card-game.html
It was nice because Aria, Casey and I could all play at the same time.

I hung our spiders in various places around the house while the kids were playing a pretend game outside. (A tornado was sweeping them away from each other.) They were excited when they came in and found their spiders displayed.

We are doing so well and I am sure we will continue to improve.

No comments: