Saturday, February 9, 2008

Park Day

We went to park day yesterday in Grapevine. Ronnie took the day off to take care of me 'cause I was not feeling well at all. I dragged myself to the park and I was happy that Ronnie got to go, too. He seems to talk so easily with people. If I hadn't felt like such crap I think I would have been more social, but there's alway next time.

The kids had a great time. Aria was bummed 'cause Rhianna wasn't there at first, but she arrived late and then Aria was happy as a junebug. Casey was having a great time 'cause the park was 'so cool'. And Connor is always happy to go the park.

The kids were all really great. There were a lot of kids there and yet there weren't a lot of issues. They all seemed very aware and considerate of each other. There was one poor boy who was getting chased down by a 6-year-old girl. She wanted to kiss him. He tried everything to shake her off, but she was tenacious.

The parents were very quiet, no one had to say 'no! stop! don't!' every five minutes. I really thought it was great that the children could play how they wanted to play and not how their parents thought they should play. In the past, we may have told the children they couldn't play by that creek. It was too dirty, we didn't want them to get wet, or whatever the objection was at the time.

I wish we would have brought the camera. Oh, well, next time. Tuesday we are going skating with a bunch of kiddos Aria's age. That should be really fun!

On another note. My husband has been so wonderful. He's taken care of so much while I've been sick. He got us to the park yesterday. He got me my medicine, took care of the kids and tucked them in last night. He did the dishes. He put off something he was going to do for work until this morning. So he's got to be at work on Saturday. What a guy.

No comments: