Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tired


We're all kinda tired and lethargic today. We got a chapter read in The Phantom Tollbooth. We colored with crayons and chalk. Casey taped words all over the house like 'wall' and 'hat'. He sounded them out and figured out where to put them. It was fun for awhile. I'm impressed that he is doing as well as he is with the little formal training we did. We do have to get him to memorize which is 'm' and which is 'w'. He still gets those confused. I think I may use the "Teach a Child to Read in 100 Lessons" just for a reference.


Aria and I reviewed math facts and played war and both kids played iknowthat.com. Casey said he hates the way we are reviewing the math facts. I told him we wouldn't do so many and maybe that will help. I think I'll time test Aria tomorrow show her how well she knows this stuff. She's doing well with the worksheet review and the games we're playing.

We are progressing and I am proud of all of us. Maybe we'll have to celebrate each month of school with a little party at home or something. :)

No comments: