Sunday, January 20, 2008

What a nice day!

Aria and I had some wonderful time together today. She came and sat on my lap while we watched part of Bring It On. (A cheerleading movie.) I appreciated the strength and talent the characters in the movie exhibited, but I didn't appreciate all the overt sexuality in the movie. They said ass every other word and it was really distracting. What was really nice, though, is that we both gasped at an impressive move in one of the competition scenes and I loved that we could share that moment. Later, at Nanny and Pawpaw's, Aria let me read to her for like an hour. It was such good time together.

Casey got to go to Nanny and PawPaw's all by himself for most of the day. It was really quite around her without him. I read to him in the dark with flashlights and then we made shadow puppets. That was fun.

When we pulled up to Nanny's street we stopped at Dylan and Megan's house and dropped Aria off to play. We pulled away and Connor said "Dylan and Megan's house" and then when he saw Nanny and PawPaw's he said "Candy!". hehehe

I also talked to a homeschooling mom near here. She's got a little girl around Aria's age. I'm hoping we can play together sometime soon. We had a good day.

No comments: