Monday, January 28, 2008

Lazy mornings

I love sitting here with my three children in the morning. We can all slowly welcome the day. We talk a little, snuggle a lot, watch cartoons and just generally enjoy the morning. I couldn't ask for a better beginning to my day. But I feel its time to get up and get moving now. It could be that Connor is demanding "Let's go! Pinpon! Let's go, Mommy!" :)

The day has been very quiet. Aria is mourning Reba and has been melocholy all day. She wrote a sweet letter to the dog about how great she was. She is disturbed about the fact that her Nanny is taking the dog to the vet today and she is wondering what is happening. I think maybe she would feel better if she knew exactly what time it was happening, but she couldn't get a hold of Nanny. It is a bizarre thing to know that this is the day that someone you know is gonna die. She's dealing with it in her introverted way.

I found a cheerleading group that starts in August, but that is a long time away. It would give me time to try to make the money we'd need to get her into it. I just don't think that would be very satisfying and it would upset me if she didn't like after earning the money. Then again if gains something from it and it can be eliminated from the buffet of life then maybe its worth it.

Casey and Connor played outside for a while and had a good time throwing things around. They've been playing video games together for a little while now. They've all gotten along well today. Aria, Connor and I went for a walk around the block and talked a little about our block. The day was wet but the temp was so perfect, a little cool, but not cold. The air smelled fresh.

Connor has taken to sitting on the counter tops. He sat next to the fridge for 15 minutes today, just eating some dry cereal and watching Aria and I look at videos on the Internet. He sat on my lap in the rocking chair for a long time today too. I can't say how much I love that.

Aria looked up all kinds of puppies and kitties for Nanny. Cool she's learning to research, I thought. Later, Ronnie showed her how to look up an address on Google maps and get directions from our house. She was reluctant at first because it stank of learning, but she thought it was cool. (She felt the same about my "hot air balloon" video.) There is learning going on here.

Yesterday, we went to the park and played in the creek. We threw rocks and got our feet wet. It was a really good time. We chased a spider into the grass and walked the drainage ditch under the road. I really love getting outside. It feels like we've accomplished something really important whenever we spend some time outside everyday.

No comments: