Friday, January 18, 2008

Today

Connor was funny today with his monster voice and then he was singing I love you, you love me in his sweet voice. Only it was more like "I wove you. You wove you." It was cute. He played computer bowling a bunch and he played a little bit on Starfall. I love to see him really thinking about what he's seeing. We had a great time blowing up a balloon and letting it go to fly around the room. He laughed to hard at that. "Again." He'd demand.

Casey was content to watch tv most of the day. The weather was kinda dreary and I think the kids felt content to relax today. Adan came over to watch a little tv with Casey and they played in some of the boxes I'd emptied. Later, he came into the bathroom where I was trying to relax in the bath. I said, "Can you go out. I'd like to be alone for awhile." He said, "I wanna be in here with you Mommy. I love you." What can you say to that? Sweet. Then he left and came back about 34 times while I was in there. Connor fell asleep outside the bathroom door. He was all tucked up with his knees under him. I felt bad, like he was waiting on mommy to come rock him and he couldn't hold out, poor baby.

Aria did her thing on MySpace, YouTube, and played a couple of games. She was really broken up this evening because I was angry with her for being mean to Casey. Then she wanted to run away and the only thing that would make life better was if she had a cell phone and a Wii. I don't know what to say to that. I tried to be sympathic. I told her that if we could get those things for her we'd get them right now. But she was so dejected because she knows we can't afford them any time in the foreseeable future. I don't know exactly how to be with my sweet girl. I want to be supportive of her and at the same time I am frustrated with my inability to help her.

Ronnie came in from work and went straight to Aria to comfort her over the distruption that we had between her and Casey. It's really nice to know that my kids have a daddy that cares about them. Ronnie held down the fort for me while I took a loooong bath. He played with the kiddos a bit. He's been really tired lately. I hope that gets better. I'm trying to stay positive and its a lot easier when he's positive also. It gives me hope for change.

Anyway, I think I will try to blog daily about all the good and sweet and funny things that happen here with the kids so I can keep my eyes open to all the happiness going on in this house.

No comments: