Sunday, January 27, 2008

We did a lot

We went to our first unschooling get-together. It was fun and a little overwhelming. The kids had a GREAT time. Ronnie had a good time. I think he actually got to talk more to some of the adults that were there then I did. He felt it was an eye-opening experience. That's what I was hoping for. Casey and Aria both ran around outside a bunch and made some new friends.

Two of the boys there jumped in the pool outside and then had to have their clothes dried. One of them got frustrated with something and yelled, "What are you a bunch of stupid Canadians!" It was pretty hilarious. None of my kids wanted to leave.

I can't wait until the next get-together. I'd like to talk more to the moms who have been doing this for a while. Like Leslie. She seems so at ease with it all.

Moving on, I took Aria and Casey to McKinney yesterday to a Hannah Montana themed "party" at a cell phone store. Aria got up in front of everybody and sang with a Hannah Montana track. I was so proud of her. She was very nervous. She said, "I'm still shaking," as we were leaving. Then we stopped and got some french fries and played a little.

The Nussells came over and we played the 80's game. I won. Woo Who. Poor Connor was soooo tired. I finally lay down with him and he went to sleep very quickly.

Today, we are all still in our jammies at 11:00 am and I'm not feeling well. We are going to go to Ronnie's mom and dad's later to say good bye to Reba. She's really having a tough time and they are going to put her down Monday. Sad, sad.

I'm going to look for things to do in the next few weeks and I am going to get my jewelry listing fixed up and reposted.

No comments: