Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm back!

We are beginning a new school year. Beginning September 1st we shall slowly institute scheduled daily activities beginning with a walk together in the morning, some fun music time to get us in the mood and 'main lesson' time. Main lesson time in the beginning will be fun stories and crafts relating to those stories. I didn't intend to have any motive behind the stories I'm choosing, but I think my kiddos would benefit from stories about kindness, love for others, compassion, empathy...they need to develop an appreciation for one another. I, also, have some Fall themed poems and crafts planned. Pictures should follow shortly.

We've have lots of learning since my last post, even though we haven't been 'schooling' so to speak. Casey is beginning to sound out words in order to play his games. He has, also, developed an amazing grasp of addition and subtract. Aria has been teaching herself the piano and making up her own songs to sing. Connor is observing all of this and soaking it all up. He is talking in very good and clear sentences. He is very inquisitive and imaginative.

I will strive to make this year a fun and encouraging one.

No comments: