Monday, March 24, 2008

Daddy's got it

Ronnie has come so far over to the "dark side" I think he's got a better handle on the unschooling lifestyle then I do. I'm so proud of him. I am still having trouble when it comes to 'bad behavior'. (Like my almost six year old peeing in various items around the house.) I have to really reign myself in and find the cause.

I'm looking for an at home job to help fund our educational forays, but I'm very frustrated by the lack of options. I'll figure it out though. I might just have to find an evening position. We shall see.

Meanwhile, the children are doing well. Aria is learning much about social etiquette by playing There.com. She is beginning to understand what types of behaviors drive people away and what helps to create a deeper friendship. She's also learning vast amounts of vocabulary and her typing skills are better then mine.

Casey knows what lactose intolerant means from Jeff Dunham. He's learning to recognize several short words, like off and pig. I feel that in the next year his reading skills will really take off. Especially, since it will really help him in his gaming. It's a motivation.

Connor is still learning and relearning colors, shapes, alphabet, numbers, and he is always expanding his vocabulary. He is a smarty pants and I can see the curiosity. He's the one that asks 'what's that?' and 'what you doing?' (or maybe, 'what the hell?')

I might start an excel sheet and see if I can categorize some of the daily learning into 'subjects'. Partly, to allay my fears, to show them what they are learning and to cover my ass.

No comments: